Do you or a loved one regularly abuse marijuana? Has your addiction begun to have negative impacts on your personal and professional life? If you’re uncertain whether or not your marijuana use has developed into a full-blown problem, you might need to reach out to a marijuana addiction treatment center for help.
Marijuana: The Ultimate Gateway Drug
Also known as “weed”, “grass”, and many other street names, marijuana addiction is a common problem in our country. It contains leaves, flowers, and extracts of the Cannabis sativa plant. It’s also closely related to a species known as hemp and grows in abundance all across the world.
Some of marijuana’s effects include:
- Altered sense of time
- Short-term memory loss
- Impaired reflexes and motor skills
- Bloodshot eyes
- Increased appetite
Some people also experience cognitive impairments and paranoia as a result of their marijuana use.
Because some states have legalized consumption, many people mistakenly believe that marijuana use is harmless. However, many people who abuse marijuana graduate to harsher substances like cocaine and heroin when they begin to crave a stronger “high.” For this reason, marijuana addiction can become a major problem if it continues to go untreated.
Signs of Marijuana Addiction
If you suspect that you or a loved one needs help for marijuana addiction, look out for certain telltale signs like:
- Increased tolerance
- Inability to stop or limit marijuana use
- Reduced interest in activities that the user previously enjoyed
- Using marijuana as a way to cope with problems and/or escape reality
- Depending on marijuana to feel relaxed, happy, or fulfilled
- Inability to meet personal and professional obligations that interfere with the opportunity to get “high”
If any of the above situations sound familiar, you or your loved one might be addicted to marijuana. However, the good news is that a quality rehab treatment program can help you.
An Effective Marijuana Addiction Treatment Center is Available in North Carolina
At Crest View Recovery Center in Asheville, North Carolina, we offer a unique rehab experience that can put you on the path to sustainable sobriety. Moreover, we take a structured, continual care approach to treatment that has helped thousands of people just like you.
Our substance abuse treatment programs to treat marijuana addiction include:
- Treatment grounded in reality-based therapy
- Multiple forms of proven addiction therapy
- Amenities such as yoga classes and acupuncture treatment that enhance the recovery process
- Gender-specific group therapy to help you build a support network
The Path to Positive Change is Closer Than You Realize!
Don’t let your marijuana addiction continue to go untreated. Effective treatment can help you put an end to destructive behaviors and help you to build a healthy, sober, and rewarding life. Call Crest View Recovery Center today at 866.327.2505 to learn about our marijuana addiction treatment center.