When you are ready to enter a rehab program to treat your drug or alcohol addiction, you will notice that there are several different treatment options. You probably encountered holistic addiction treatment in your research to find a rehab center and may be wondering how this is different from other treatment methods.
What Is Holistic Addiction Treatment?
Holistic addiction treatment incorporates non-medical treatment methods into your rehab recovery program. Using a holistic approach focuses more on just treating your addiction. Rather, your body, mind, and spirit are treated as you progress through your treatment program.
Since holistic addiction treatment involves treating your entire being, your treatment program is customized to fit with your specific needs, objectives, and goals to help you overcome your addiction. This approach is another difference from conventional treatment models that often use “copy and paste” methodologies.
Why Is This Better Than Traditional Treatment Methods?
A holistic approach treats not only the symptoms of your addiction but also the underlying causes and factors that led to your addiction in the first place. By helping you identify those causes and factors, you are enabled to heal your body, mind, and spirit at your own progress.
In addition, holistic addiction treatment assists you in identifying your addiction triggers and developing practical coping skills and mechanisms to avoid future relapses. Furthermore, you are not bound to any specific treatment length, like conventional rehab programs.
Instead, you are free to work on your recovery using holistic treatment methods at your own pace. As a result, you do not have to feel rushed through treatment or made to feel like you are not ready to return to your normal life outside rehab.
As such, you have the time you need to heal your entire person, not just your physical being but also your mind and spirit. Taking this approach allows you to restore balance within yourself to attain a higher sense of understanding about your addiction to sustain long-term sobriety.
What Are Some Common Forms of Holistic Addiction Treatments?
As with any rehab program, deciding what forms of holistic addiction treatments are best for you is part of developing your customized treatment plan. Some of the more common holistic addiction treatments you could include in your treatment plan include:
- Nutrition Therapy – Learning healthy eating habits and how to prepare healthy meals is part of restoring balance to your body and overcoming your addiction. When your body and mind receive the nutrients they require, your spirit is stronger.
- Meditation – Meditation helps you focus your mind and concentrate on what truly matters. This form of treatment is also beneficial in helping you learn how to alleviate stress and anxiety.
- Mindfulness – Mindfulness is the process of learning how to calm your mind and your thoughts so you can focus and reflect on them one at a time.
- Fitness Therapy – Physical fitness helps restore your physical well-being and strength. When you are physically fit, your mind and spirit are also stronger.
- Yoga – Yoga is effective at alleviating unwanted stress and anxiety. It also helps you learn relaxation techniques and improves your concentration and strength.
- Adventure/Recreational Therapy – This form of holistic treatment allows you to experience activities outside of rehab with your peers. Their purpose is to help you develop socialization skills, new friendships, and learn how to trust others.
- Art Therapy – Art therapy can be effective at helping you express feelings and emotions that you are not able to articulate. It can be helpful when working through guilt, trauma, fear, anger, resentment, and other such feelings.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture is an ancient holistic treatment to help restore the balance between the mind, body, and spirit. Acupuncture treatments can also help alleviate withdrawal symptoms, physical pain, stress, anxiety, and cravings while helping you relax and become calmer.
In addition to these forms of holistic addiction treatments, your plan should consist of individual and group therapy. These therapies could include using various forms of cognitive-behavioral therapy and talk therapy.
Letting Go of the Past with Holistic Addiction Treatment
An essential part of your holistic addiction treatment is learning how to let go of your past and look towards the future. During treatment, you will examine your past behaviors and addictive tendencies. Then, you will learn how to overcome them and move forward with your new sober life by looking ahead.
As you do, you will start to feel whole again, so you are better prepared to embrace self-discovery as you continue on your ongoing journey of living a new sober life.
Holistic Addiction Treatment in Asheville, NC
Are you ready to seek help for your addiction treatment with the ability to work on your sobriety on your own terms? Then, you will want to consider holistic addiction treatment at Crest View Recovery Center in Asheville, NC.
Our holistic addiction treatment program offers the flexibility to custom-design a treatment plan that best meets your needs, objectives, and goals. We help prepare you for life outside our facility to have the life you deserve beyond your addiction.
To learn more about our holistic addiction treatment programs, please feel free to contact us by calling 866-350-5622 today!